Returning to dev on Super Mansion Quest

 After many years away from this project I've returned, hopefully I will get a lot further this time.

I decided to switch from Construct 2 to Godot, because Construct has a lot of limitations, a tiny community, and a lack of development.
Godot on the other hand is pretty widely used, despite being newer, and since it is code first and based on a variant of Python, programming principles are easier to translate to it.

This doesn't mean it is struggle free, but I've managed to learn a lot already.

Anway, I've started working on Super Mansion Quest again, since I now have a better idea of what I want the gameplay to be like,  

I made the decision that instead of having endless rooms, the maps will be contiguous, which means the architecture will also be more logical

In order to support this properly I had to come up with a way to transition the camera between spaces and hide rooms when they aren't active, as shown in the gif below.

I'm posting more about this on my Twitter, so follow me there! https://twitter.com/Jon_Dog


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scourge of Tethys Updates

Accomplishments & Goals