Game Updates

Haven't finished any games lately but I have been playing a bunch so I'll give you some short impressions of them.

Tribes: Ascend
A rather fast class-based multiplayer shooter. I'm alright at this but I really need to work on my shooting because I'm not giving myself enough lead time. I am always rather high on the scoreboards when I play Technician which is cool.

The Basement Collection
A collection of flash games from Edmund Mcmillen + loads of bonus content. Pretty fun collection but getting the all the unlockables is hard because it requires achievement grinding and beating all the games. Some of the games can get very laggy because flash can be quite buggy.



Darksiders
An action-adventure game in the vein of God of War and Devil May Cry. Having quite a bit of fun with this, though it took a while to be any good because you have the classic "Start strong and become weak." intro sequence. Puzzles are simple but interesting and are a welcome break from the combat, just wish you could move about a bit faster, so many empty corridors.

Dark Souls
A notoriously hard action-RPG with lots of dying. Only started this last night so my impressions are rather weak. Accidentally went the wrong way when I got out of the intro section which was fun and resulted in a few deaths.

Iron Brigade
Yet another Double Fine game, this time a third person shooter/tower defence game. This game is alright but I really don't like how every level puts you on the edge and gives you no breathing time for turret placement/energy collection. Looks great for an Xbox 360 port though.\

Hard Reset
A cyberpunk FPS game.  Probably never going to give this a full review because it's shockingly repetitive, two weapons which you can get minor modifications for and the four different enemies just soak up bullets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Returning to dev on Super Mansion Quest

Scourge of Tethys Updates

Accomplishments & Goals